A lot has changed in my life recently. I'm realizing now that I have more changes to make going forward. Hopefully, by sharing my journey I'll stick to it.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So it's been a while...

The other night, my boyfriend called me out on the fact that I hadn't posted in a while. And, yeah, it has been months. At first, I had ideas swarming around in my head and just didn't get them written down, but then, as time wore on, I got busy, and well, life happened. In the last five months, I started a new full-time job, left the restaurant I had been working at, moved to a new apartment with my boyfriend, and started a weight-loss program at work. I still need to get to the gym, but this program seems to be helping - I'm down six pounds in eight weeks. I'm not trying to fight my body down to a tiny size, just trust it to settle down to the size it naturally wants to be.

With all the change that's been happening, I've certainly been stressed. The boy and I have been living together for just under two months, and it's taking time to settle into a routine, naturally. We're getting there. This is definitely a change for the better. My new job, while certainly providing needed income, is not where I thought I would be. There are opportunities for growth and benefits and all that jazz, but there's also a lot of stress along with it. I'm focusing on accepting it for what it is right now. I'm making an effort to not bring it home with me at night. When I leave work, thoughts of work stop (well, mostly, but I'm trying here, ok?).

I'm also realizing that I need to find some type of outlet for myself. I don't really do much other than work, housework, errands, and hang out around the house. This needs to change. Step one is going to be getting back to the gym. It'll be a way to keep active and get out of the house while hopefully even relieving some stress. Step two? Well...that'll happen later.

There's a lot in my life that I'd like to change. I know I can't change it all overnight, but I can keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment