A lot has changed in my life recently. I'm realizing now that I have more changes to make going forward. Hopefully, by sharing my journey I'll stick to it.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Relieved?

I finally have a new job (pending the background check and blah). A large part of me is finally breathing easier. I can't relax too much though, because I don't start until the end of the month. That means one more month of my savings taking a beating.

I'm also nervous for the job, but trying very hard not to let my anxiety get the best of me. That's happened before, but I have medication and coping skills on my side now. However, I'll be working in an industry I know nothing about in a somewhat supervisory role, with two days of training. I just have to keep reminding myself that the person who hired me saw something in me, and that is what I need to channel when I start on the job. It's also going to mean weird hours and personal sacrifice, but it seems like a better fit for me than other jobs I've had in the past. So for right now, I celebrate. Worrying can come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment