A lot has changed in my life recently. I'm realizing now that I have more changes to make going forward. Hopefully, by sharing my journey I'll stick to it.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pack Up and Go?

I had a quick chat tonight with a friend from college to catch up. We haven't talked much in a while. She mentioned that she's leaving in a month for grad school in Ireland. This is an amazing opportunity for her - a grad program that aligns with her interests in a country she absolutely loves that's less expensive than staying in her native city. I'm happy for her, I really am. But at the same time, I'm insanely jealous.

We're both the same age, but she's in a position where she can pack up and move overseas for a year. I, however, can't. I'm being hit with the sudden realization that I can't just pick up and go; decisions have to be made as a unit now considering both of our futures, hopes, dreams, and finances. Don't get me wrong, I love C and can't wait to start a life with him. I've never been much of a free spirit or one to do things on impulse. But knowing that's not really an option anymore is leading to a bit of a freak out. We're both open to relocating if it makes sense down the road, but unilateral decisions are out.

I know I'll be OK in time, but I need to know- Am I crazy for thinking this? Has anyone else had this kind of pre-wedding freak out?


No comments:

Post a Comment