A lot has changed in my life recently. I'm realizing now that I have more changes to make going forward. Hopefully, by sharing my journey I'll stick to it.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Deflated

That big, important meeting I mentioned that I had last Monday was a job interview. As much as I tried to downplay it, I was encouraged. I left feeling that it had gone really well, and I got my hopes up. I got the standard form rejection email Friday afternoon that I didn't get the job. And honestly, it wasn't my dream job. But it had a lot of potential. There were growth opportunities. And it would pay the bills. The hours would be long, but it would alleviate a lot of the stress that we have right now. So, the rest of Friday was rough and yesterday I binged on (wayyyy too many) donuts. (Not that I ate alone. C certainly ate his share.)

Now today, I have to brush myself off and keep moving forward. I'm in a much better headspace than the girl who burned herself cooking Minute Rice Friday night. It's time to get back up on the application horse and see what else happens. The law of large numbers has to take effect at some point, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment