A lot has changed in my life recently. I'm realizing now that I have more changes to make going forward. Hopefully, by sharing my journey I'll stick to it.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Oh What a Week

My routine has been thrown in the toilet. I need to get it back before I lose my mind. I'm going to push to organize my life as much possible again, but with any luck, my schedule will drastically change in the next week or so. *Fingers crossed*

Much of last week was spent working to pick up the apartment and get it ready for my parents to arrive Thursday. Thursday morning, C had a later shift, so we went to the gym together. When we got back I baked and took care of some last minute cleaning. By the time my parents got here, C was at work. They took me grocery shopping and stocked us well (!) before heading back to the apartment to hang out for a bit. The four of us went out to dinner to celebrate both my and C's birthdays with Hibachi.

Friday my parents and I went shopping (ok, mom and I shopped while my stepdad wandered the mall and drank coffee on a bench) while C was at work. Our lunch was ColdStone and our dinner was homemade chimichangas and Spanish rice. Sorry I don't have pictures of any of that; we were too busy going way over our calorie limits for the day to take pictures. I did, however, manage to squeeze in a quick workout before my parents picked me up in the morning.

Saturday was another hectic day, at least in the morning. We both got up early and made ourselves pretty. After a quick stop at the store to pick up a hanging plant for my mom, we met up with my parents for an early Mother's Day/farewell breakfast. - Quick note about the hanging plant. Since my early college years, I've been buying my mom a hanging plant for Mother's Day to hang on the porch. My stepdad also buys her one in early summer. His always dies midsummer. Mine traditionally makes it through to fall. I have to keep buying the plants.

Anyway, after breakfast, my parents headed north and C and I went to my alma mater's graduation. I'm only two years out, so I had a few friends graduating, including my senior year roommate. It was an emotional roller coaster. There's nothing like realizing that I was in their position two years ago to cue the introspection. I also was moved to tears when the student speaker spoke. She was also a member of the Forensic Speech team while I was on it and in the years after when I came back to help coach and judge at tournaments. She joined my senior year, quiet and nervous and new. She dove in and learned quickly. She kicked ass. And then when she spoke at that podium under the tent, the pride over how much she's grown was overwhelming. She did a beautiful job. When I saw our coach after the ceremony, he completely agreed. Unfortunately, when I went to congratulate her, the sky opened up and it began to pour, so we had to cut things short. Luckily, she was the last person I needed to track down. By the time we back to the car we were soaked. My dress was completely clinging to my body in a way that leaves nothing to the imagination - and that was with an umbrella.

Sunday was pretty chill but filled with laundry. Monday I had a very important meeting that will have a big influence on the next chapter. Nothing is finalized yet. We shall see what happens. In the meantime, I have to wait and try not to stress-eat too much. I'm also going to try to get into a routine and work on posting a little more regularly so I don't end up with such huge posts and then cut myself short.

All in all, I had a good, if exhausting, long weekend, but I really need to get myself back on a schedule. I'm so lost without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment